Tuesday, March 8, 2016

 By: Kadeem Parker
Journalistic Writing

Today in Professor Duncan's Journalistic Writing class, we took advantage of the beautiful weather. The break in the weather was simply too enticing for us to resist! My fellow peers and I were assigned the task of briefly interviewing at least three people on campus about their plans for Spring Break. I had the pleasure of interviewing a diverse group of people: two black students and one white student. 

Sarah Sparks was the first person I interviewed. She is from Syksville, Maryland, is currently a junior here at Frostburg State University, and a major in math (I found this interesting). When asked about her plans for spring break she said, "I looking forward to spending time with family." 

The next student I interviewed was Markus Steele.

Marcus is from Oxon Hill, Maryland, and is a sophomore here at FSU. His major is accounting and for spring break he is looking forward to sleeping. "I'm going to sleep all break," Steele exclaimed. He seemed content with his answer. 


The third and last person I had the pleasure of interviewing was Marja Williams. He is from Prince Georges County and is currently a Computer Information systems major. When asked what his Spring Break plans were Williams pointed out his difficulties with finding seasonal employment. "Just Chill," was his eventual answer for the question. "I got fired so I'm not gonna be doing much," he quickly tagged on toward the end of the conversation. 


This was a delightful assignment, and I am even more excited for the break now that I have completed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment