Tuesday, March 8, 2016

SPRANG BRAK!

Spring break is quickly approaching the Frostburg campus and the change in atmosphere is nearly palpable. On a rapid competition-fueled trip around campus assigned by Professor Duncan, I stopped to ask people their various plans for the much-needed vacation time.


The first person I ran into was sophomore political science major Taylor Johnson. She will be returning home to Waldorf, Maryland over break in addition to visiting Washington DC with her residence life staff. "We're going to go see some new museums that just opened up. Its a staff bonding trip because we actually like each other. We're all pretty excited about it!"
Sophomore Taylor Johnson

Next up was sophomore Brianna Wilson, an accounting major from Baltimore. Her plans were "kind of boring, I just have to register for classes next semester. I will be relaxing and taking a break, for real."
Grad student Pardeep Vemuganti
Sophomore Brianna Wilson

Chartwells Employee Wanda Payton
I then ran into a Moe's employee for Chartwells named Wanda Payton. She said she "[doesn't] have any plans right now, maybe I'll get my yard raked finally. I don't know."

Finally, I found a graduate student in computer science from India. His name was Pardeep Vemuganti and he seems particularly excited about his plans for the break. As soon as I asked him about it, he smiled a huge smile and said "I will be going to Kansas City for the break."

Clearly the break cannot come fast enough for FSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment