Sunday, September 25, 2016

Kendra Stephenson, Future Fashion Icon By: William Stewart, ENGL 336

Kendra Stephenson, a 20-year-old who resides from Upper Marlboro, MD, is in her senior year at Frostburg State University.  Stephenson is a Business major, with a concentration in Marketing, and a minor in Public Relations. She is scheduled to graduate in the spring of 2017. Kendra stated “I like fashion, and I feel like marketing is geared towards that.” Kendra told that she has no spare time, so she does not have a job on campus. She is a beautiful young African American woman, who describes herself as having a playful personality. When asked “Have you ever changed your major?” She replied “I started as a Computer Science major, but it was hard as s**t, I couldn’t grasp the concept. So I found my passion.” As far as her personal clothing style, Kendra is not into those expensive name brand threads. “I like off brand stuff, I hate stores in the mall, because I can never find anything.” She likes taking off brand articles of clothing, and putting her own spin on them.

Kendra Stephenson, Senior
“I wanted to be a fashion buyer, but I’ll probably end up buying for myself, because I want to have my own line.” Here is a link to more information on what it means, and what it takes to be a fashion buyer. After hearing Stephenson talk about her dreams and aspirations to hold a place in the fashion industry, it had to be asked “How long do you think it will take for you to get to where you want to be?” She replied “I give myself five years to be poppin poppin.” Best of luck to Kendra Stephenson on pursuing her dreams after graduation. Hopefully your hard work will all pay off in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment