Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Zealous Inked: The face behind it all

Zealous Inked: The face behind it all 
By Torie Costa, ENGL 336


Creator of “Zealous Inked”, Alexus Clanton dives into her relatively new blog, zealousinked.com. A Mass Communication major with a double minor in Public Relations and Marketing at Frostburg State University (FSU), Clanton has future aspirations to work closely with various aspects of entertainment.


Zealous Inked is a platform for artists, rappers/musicians, photographers, fashion designers, makeup artists, and more; in efforts to showcase their talent. “I write up interview questions and of course ‘fluff it up’ and showcase it. I also video record interviews, podcasts relating to current trending topic, and attend various events to do media coverage. I love knowing that you can have control over how someone is perceived to their audience and I feel like that’s what I’m doing with my site. People reach out to me to help them get their name out there. It`s a great feeling”, exclaimed Clanton.

Pictured: Alexus Clanton, Junior at FSU and
creator of Zealous Inked. 



Zealous Inked wasn’t born overnight. “I worked on the name of my site for months”, giggled Clanton, “I wanted it to reflect me. The word, "Zealous" meaning having or showing zeal... synonymously with the words fierce, passionate, and devoted. The word ‘Inked’ connected with the word, ‘black’. I am fierce in every aspect. I am passionate about what I want to accomplish and help others accomplish through my site. I am devoted because I will do anything in my power to help others achieve their goals as well as my own. All three of those term laced in a black bow which in this reference is myself as a black women”.


Zealous Inked logo. 

After covering a piece on a female hip-hip trio called, ‘Officially Blushed’, Clanton was eager to mention they are managed by Matthew Knowels, “the father of Beyonce”, as she puts it. In terms of musicians, Clanton has also interviewed P.Diddy’s nephew and Lil STL, to name a few.

Clanton’s site has existed for about a year now, however, it underwent a little makeover this past May. After being redesigned and reformatted, Zealous Inked has provided so much more than just a hobby for Clanton. “It has opened me up to other opportunities. For example, a music online publication based in New York called ‘MusicXclusives’ has asked me to write articles & interview for them”.  


Zealous Inked will be linked below, along with a link to MusicXclusives. With high hopes in boosting her site, Clanton continues to pursue her passion.










No comments:

Post a Comment